Thursday, May 25, 2006

In awe.


I traveled to the Mercedes Museum in Stuttgart. It's funny, when punching in the route to the Museum, it was like the car was automatically filling out the forms for me. Must have known it was going back to it's origin =)

Stuttgart is an awesome town. The place is practially overrun with people driving Mercedes Benzes. It's such a relief to not see any BMWs =) =) =P

Stuttgart reeks of MBZ and it has a 2 block 5 story all glass MBZ dealer to prove. Another nice POI for Stuttgart was the MAHLE plant which cranks out tons of high-performance pistons for people like me. I saw a bulletion board on the facade which read something like "Speed is the answer."

The Mercedes Benz Musuem is an 8-level building that's constructed out of a mix of glass and concrete. There are actually 2 routes you can take through the museum-- The Legends Tour and the Collections Tour. Think of a vertical strand of DNA and imagine it loaded with cars. That's pretty much what the Museum feels like.

I spent 8 hours at the Museum and I *still* need to go back for more.

it was well worth the EU12 price of admission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home